Elgg is an award-winning open source social networking engine that provides a robust framework on which to build all kinds of social environments, from a campus wide social network for your university, school or college or an internal collaborative platform for your organization through to a brand-building communications tool for your company and its clients.
In this article we're going to explain how to change Elgg domain and/or move it to another machine.
For this process we assume that you have exported database and Elgg folder of your original website.
1) Open file /engine/settings.php and change connection data (server, database, username, password...)
2) Import database into new database
3) Change values in table elgg_datalists:
path - full path to the Elgg folder (e.g./path/to/elgg/folder/) Be sure that you add slash at the end of the path
dataroot - full path to the Elgg data folder (e.g. /path/to/elgg/data/folder/) Be sure that you add slash at the end of the path
4) Change value in table elgg_sites_entity
url - URL of the site (e.g. http://www.daxters.com/) Be sure that you add slash at the end of the path
5) Go to Administration Dashboard and click the button "Upgrade"
6) Go to Administration Dashboard and click the button "Flush the caches"
7) Clear browser cache
8) If you have made changes to .htaccess that modify any paths, make sure you update them in new installation.