Below are some small but useful advices for choosing and reserving a domain name.
- Once you choose a domain name for you business or blog buy and reserve it immediately so it can't be picked by some other person or company.
- In case that you haven't yet chosen a name, consider one that will make a traffic to your site and that can be easily registered as a trademark
- If the name you choose is already registered, take in consideration some other similar name(s)
- Make research for existing trademarks that could make affect your domain name. Internet is the best tool for the job.
- If there are conflicts with existing trademarks, choose another domain name
- If you already use the name as a trademark, assert your legal rights as a owner of registered trademark
- In order to protect your domain name at highest level, apply for trademark registration.